The Nordic-Baltic Regions Rural Network Support Units - Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Sweden initiated the Nordic-Baltic Leader Cooperation Award.
The LEADER Transnational Cooperation Awards collected 60 applications from participating countries.
The first selection of the nominated Nordic-Baltic Leader transnational cooperation projects is now done!
The finalists of the five categories were chosen out of 60 nominees in Roskilde, Denmark on the 6th June 2013. The evaluation committee included the representatives of Estonia, Lithuanian, Latvia, Swedish, Finnish and Danish rural networks.
The finalists of Youth category are My Fell Lapland, Youth for Youth, Wind for Youth, and Planet said to me. Read more about the finalists of Youth category HERE
The finalsist of Tourism category are CULTrips. Creating a New Concept for Socio-cultural Village Trips in Europe, Nature Tourism Project, Mustaparta Archipelago and Tornio Valley, and Re-creation of the Landscape / TEAM. Read more about the finalists of Tourism category HERE
The finalists of Culture category are Handicraft, Medieval Festivals, Ecomuseum - from Memories to Future, and Traditions on the Market Square. Read more about the finalists of Culture category HERE
The finalists of Local Area Development category are A la Region - Upper Tampere & Hunsruck and Rhein Valley, Villages full of Treasures, Loving Local Values, and Cross-border Entrepreneurs Blekinge / Warmia-Mazury. Read more about the finalists of Local area development HERE
The finalists of Local Resources and Environment category: Bees and Biodiversity - Together to Stop Pollinating Insects Decline and Protect Biodiversity, Forest Trail, Growing Gastrounauts, Traditional Sailing and Maritime Heritage, and Management fishing in the Lakes Finjasjön and Bosarpasjön. The Transnational Project: Developing Methods of Management Fishery and Utilization of Haul. Read more about the finalists of Local resources category HERE.
|Date of nomination:||(40) 2013-05-17|
|Title:||Traditions on the Market Square|
|Leading partner:||Finland - LAG Aktiivinen Pohjois-Satakunta|
1. Cultural heritage work in both territories,recuperation of disappearing cultural valors, intergenerational transfer of knowledge
2. Tourism promotion. Evaluation of opportunities by free willing and voluntary testing groups (cultural tourism)
3. Market events, diffusion of knowledge on different European area and territories with their cultural opportunities
4. Promoting associational collaboration (music, local heritage,schools parents associations, local artists, village associations), promotion of cultural community work
6. Promotion of entrepreneurial life in rural areas in different sectors (culture can drive up also other sectors)